Sunday, November 02, 2008

Spiralling Downward

Last week got worse each passing day. I was running on 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep each night taking care of all 4 kids waking up in the night. Which didn't help me fight off the cold that I was plagued with. It turned into a major sinus infection. I felt like my face was going to explode! On Thursday I made apts for me and the babies to be seen. Soren did get sick and acted like he was SO miserable. He gets a cold and acts like he is being tortured. It turns out that Soren wasn't in bad shape like Barrett's ear infection and major head cold. He just had a cough and cold. Barrett is my happy go lucky kid who always puts on a happy face. I have a bad sinus infection with fluid in my ears. I couldn't breathe and I was disgusted at the nastiness that was coming out of my nose! I kept blowing out more and more and it grossed me out to think I had all that in my head. No wonder I felt like crap! To make matters worse, Elaine, Chris' mom, got sick too and ended up being in worse shape than me. Poor thing had to fly home Sat feeling miserable.

Thankfully Eli and Tristan's colds didn't last long or get too severe. Barrett and I have been getting a little better each day. The hardest part about this past week was keeping order and continuity in the house. If it weren't for Elaine my house would have been a disaster. It would have been impossible to get babysitters while I went to the Doctor and it would have been more than just the dogs feeling neglected. I am still trying to transition Eliana away from this attitude she is holding on to. She has been rude, disrespectful and a trouble maker with Tristan. I am trying to get her out of this funk!

Here is a short list of things that are driving me crazy!!

~Stalling at bedtime
~Trying to communicate to zombies in their own world
~repeating myself 15 times
~screaming
~whining
~tattling
~Eliana's defiance and Attitude
~Tristan's mood swings
~the dogs bringing in dirt all over the house
~Diesel constantly whining to go outside
~washing bottles
~changing 4 poopy diapers a day (minimum)
~getting up several times in the night
~kids not eating there FOOD!

There are so many more things I could list but I don't have the energy.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I am so sorry. I am glad you were able to vent - sometimes it helps to get it all out. The kids look great in their costumes. Here's to next week being better :).