Saturday, November 22, 2008

Whirlwind

Since sickness continues to invade our home I decided I needed to divert my attentions to other things so I don't dwell on how cursed we are.

Thus, I am coordinating a Children's Book Drive in support of the USO's program United Through Reading. Our Kids have really enjoyed getting big packages in the mail each week with books and a DVD of Dad reading to them. The USO provides books and records our soldiers reading to their children. The package gets sent home and the caregiver is encouraged to take pictures and video to send back to the soldier establishing a feeling of connectedness. The USO was out of donated books and has been buying all there books off of Amazon. With Chris' encouragement I am doing this book drive.

I got the Christmas lights up!!! Thanks to my neighbor Ernesto for helping me with the high points. I just LOVE Christmas lights. Especially inside the house so I can enjoy them more. The colorful lights always bring a warm feeling to my heart. Just looking at them makes me happy. That's me...easy to please.:) I wish I would have gotten the lights to go on the bushes. I guess I will have to stock up on those during the after Christmas sales.

I was supposed to go out with the girls from the multiples club tonight to see Twilight but I opted not to go since I had to take Barrett to the ER today due to an ear infection. I figured I would be a terrible mom to leave my sick babies with a babysitter. Plus I would worry the whole time. So, Twilight will have to wait.

Amidst ear infections and nasty runny noses, the babies still manage to be as cute as ever! Barrett has the best smile. I am truly blessed to have such happy babies.

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

So, I have to know. Was that Star Wars Clone Wars on the screen in that picture. I am trying to figure it out, and I think that's what it is. I know, I am so weird :). And hey, did you hear back from any businesses that are willing to be drop sites?

The Chandlers said...

These two are ADORABLE! (and I didn't know, but my mom did) How are you guys?

<3Keira