Sunday, November 09, 2008

Seriously...will it ever end???

I could be referring to my constant whining or the never ending sickness that has plagued our house for the past 3 months. I thought surely after this last bout of sinus infections and pink eye that we would be done for a while, but NO! Tuesday Tristan got the stomach bug. Threw up 3 times. Once in the truck, kitchen and all over me. Thankfully the throwing up only lasted 1 day but he has been sick in the other end for 4 days. Barrett was next to get it then the rest of us followed. Last night was the icing on the cake. I sent Eli to bed with a bowl and I got myself into bed by 9am bracing myself for the night. Soren woke up around 12am and I could smell the stink when I walked into the room. I picked him up and it was all over...everywhere! This was by far the worst blow out I have ever experienced. It came out the top of his sleeper in his ear, hair and face. After I cleaned him up I had to tackle the crib. IT took 30 mins to get him back into bed. thankfully timing was on my side. Just after he got to sleep Eliana woke up and I ran in just in time to sit her up and hold the bowl. She did a great job aiming and the little spots on her bed could wait till morning. While I was cleaning out her bowl in the sink it was my turn. Thankfully my hair was in a ponytail and I was already at the sink. I was miserable the rest of the night. Soren woke up again at 4am with another nasty one but all I had to do was change his sleeper. Without boring you with my morning I will say that I am literally pooped out! Tired, exhausted, worn thin, and still going like the energizer bunny. I have no choice. If I could stop being a mom for a day I would in a second.

I am really hoping this will be my last post on sickness. I have high hopes for our future! I am off to wash sheets and clean toilets.

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry! When I saw that you guys missed the primary program this morning, I figured that is what happened. Hope you are all well soon.

PS. Do you think there is something in your house that is lowering all your immune systems?

Tamra said...

Jen,
Sorry but I had to laugh! That is exactly what I went through two weeks ago! I understand completely! If only we (moms) didn't have to get it too! It is so hard to keep going while being so sick!
I will keep you in my prayers! This too shall pass!