Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween screams

The kids looked great in their costumes and were eager to trick-or-treat and get that candy! It took extra effort to get the kids ready to go and babies dressed up. They were the cutest ducks ever! We went to our neighbor Christy's house and met up with her kids Reid and Stephen. Another friend Barbara came down with her daughter Alexa and off we went. Eliana was overly enthusiastic and ran as fast as she could from door to door leaving all of us in the dust. Tristan was already grumpy because he wanted to ride in the wagon with Stephen but Alexa had climbed in first. By the end of our court Tristan had an all out tantrum...or should I say melt down?! When he gets this way I can't baby him. I gave him his options and he still chose to make a fuss so we started home and he quickly decided to shape up. He got his turn in the wagon and his mood swing was a 180 degree flip. He gets that from his daddy! I was getting very irritable after dealing with Tristan, feeling my head pound and trying to console a very unhappy Barrett. I left Eliana and Tristan with the others and took the babies home to bed. They had a great time with stories to tell. Eli asked me if next year she could go out earlier so she could come home and hand out candy. That was her favorite part. I think Tristan loved it just as much. I was a little embarrassed since they rushed to the door while they were halfway undressed and naked. They just couldn't contain themselves.

After combining all the candy from school festivals, parties, trunk-or-treat and trick-or-treating I came up with a plan. I dumped all the candy on the table and they alternated choosing one candy till they each had 20 pieces. I told them that was there candy to eat whenever they wanted except for before b-fast and after bedtime. I kept giving them warnings that if they eat too many today than they wont have any tomorrow. The best part was watching them barter and trade there candy. Now I have to salvage the good chocolate to freeze for me and dump the rest. This is VERY hard for me because I love candy. I HAVE to do it because last year I went crazy with kids expecting a treat every day for things that didn't deserve rewarding. I just need it out of the house!

SO, on to the screams...Today at church I am sitting with my very irreverent kids and extremely tired babies. I was getting a bottle out of my backpack and look down to find a COCKROACH in my backpack!!! It was hiding in the diaper sack. Ahhh...so gross! I hand off the babies and take my bag into the bathroom, remove all the contents then take out my diaper sack to unzip it and dump out the cockroach. It lands on the floor and tried to scurry away but I got it!!! squished it dead. Now I feel like I need to wash my purse.



No comments: