Monday, October 27, 2008

You've got to be kidding me!

The moment I think we are finally healthy and free from sickness the bomb is dropped! Sunday morning I took Eli into the clinic to treat Pink Eye. Within one day Barrett, Eliana and me all came down with a nasty cold. Runny nose, cough, sneezing. Barrett and I are the only ones with fevers. Today Tristan comes down with the cold and he is a PILL when he gets sick. I put them to bed around 8pm and Tristan started crying at 9:30. I checked on him and he couldn't breathe from congestion. He refused to take his medicine. After two days of dealing with grouchy defiant kids my patience level is very low. I pulled him out of bed and brought him into my room only to discover he has pink eye too. Thankfully, Eliana does very well when I put the ointment in her eyes. Tristan is another story completely. I told him I was getting it into his eyes whether he liked it or not. He had the choice of the easy way or the hard way. After several minutes of arguing I jumped on top of him and told him I was doing it the hard way. He screamed and said "easy way, easy way." In the middle of his tantrum Barrett wakes up for the third time since I laid him down. I had to hurry and wash my hands but by the time I got to him Grandma Elaine had already gotten up to tend him. Finally after 20 mins of battling Tristan I get some (little) into his eyes. I REALLY hope it is not that hard 4 times a day to get this stuff in his eyes.

I took a 2 hour nap today and I feel like I couldn't even enjoy it. If I were feeling normal a nap would have been energizing. But I woke up feeling awful with a 101 fever, same as when I laid down. Now Elaine is getting sick too. The only one left is Soren and since the babies share everything from food to toys to mom, he is bound to get sick too.

Our household has been plagued with sickness for 3 months. I have had brief moments of feeling better. I wish a miracle would happen and everyone would be 100% in the morning so I can send them off to school. Well, I am sure someone out there in the world is having a harder time than me. I can only do my best to keep my cool, take care of everyone and pray we will all recover fast.

Goodnight

1 comment:

Kimber Family said...

Jenn- you are seriously the strongest woman there is! I just don't know how you do it. You are amazing! And I am sure the Lord has many blessings awaiting you! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!