Preparing for Eliana's birthday was fun and exhausting. Her costume Grandma made this year was awesome. She wants to wear it all the time. There wasn't a set theme this time. She was a Renaissance princess and Tristan a Knight in shinning armor. Her cake was a flower garden. One of my good friends Lynnea Weller came over and did a 30 minute balloon twisting show. Her balloon flower basket was the best! She made all the kids wands and swords and told fun stories. Afterwards we had the kids ride on stick ponies and jousted there wands and swords into balloon hoops around the room. I made crackers, cheese and ham (homemade lunchables), a fruit tray and hot dogs for refreshments. I had a little fiasco with lighting the candles on the cake. I had locked the door to the office so little ones wouldn't get into things. When I couldn't find my lighter or matches to light the candles we tried to get one out of the office but then realized that the key to unlock the door was in the office along with the micro screw drivers. I couldn't find anything to unlock the door or light the candles. My friend Jill ran next door to get a lighter as the kids were getting impatient. It was well worth the effort to light the candles. It took her 5 blows to get all 5 candles out. Opening the presents is always interesting with a room full of kids. I would have preferred to not open them at the party but the other kids would have been disappointed.




All in all it was a great party. The cake was the cutest and easiest I have made so far. Thankfully there is a whole year before I have to do another party for her!
2 comments:
Looks like you did a great job, Jen. Tell Eliana 'Happy Birthday' from all of us.
It was a great party. I think you are brave doing one every year :). Lily had a fantastic time, and I need your frosting recipe.
PS. So sorry everyone is sick again! That is awful. I hope you are all feeling better soon. Oh, and since you posted, I asuming your computer is possible working again?
Post a Comment