Thursday, October 23, 2008

Crazy days

This past week has been hectic. Eliana's birthday party is this Sat and so I am anxiously getting everything in order. I had a massive amount of laundry to do. One day I had 6 loads of laundry on my couch. You would think there wouldn't be anything left in our closets! Tristan has been wetting the bed almost every night...AHHHH!! I refuse to go back into pull-ups so I am constantly washing sheets. A couple days ago I told him I was going to start waking him up in the night and make him pee. He wasn't too thrilled with that idea. However, this morning when he woke up wet he blamed me and said " Mom, its all your fault! You forgot to get me up in the night to pee." So tonight I will get up with my automatic alarm clocks (babies) and make Tristan go potty.

Chris' mom Elaine arrives tomorrow for a visit from Alaska. We are all very excited for her stay. I have made arrangements for her to be in Eli's classroom on Tuesday to read a book about Alaska and she has post cards and stickers for all the kids. Then she is eating lunch with Eli at school. I still need to arrange the same thing at Tristan's school. I am going to swamp her as soon as she gets here. Friday night I will be doing last minute stuff for the party. Saturday will be crazy busy! Eli's party is 11-1pm then we will kick everyone out and I will clean up while babies and grandma take a nap. Then we are off to the church fall festival for chili cook-off and trunk-or-treat then back home to put the kids in bed and then I am off to a neighborhood Halloween party with some friends.

Well, it is 10:15 and I still need to wash bottles and sweep and mop the floors before bed. I am posting some recent pics of the kids.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hope the birthday party goes well. Also, Brendan was potty trained for a year and a half when he started wetting the bed. He still has to wear Goodnights to bed. It runs in males in my family (one brother wet the bed until age 14) so I guess it's my fault Brendan does! Poor Guy! Good luck with Tristan!

Lisa Brown said...

One of my sisters had to have this crazy program with a moisture sensor in the bed that would set off an alarm if it got wet. I guess she was sleeping too soundly. I also remember my mom having her practice stopping and starting peeing to strengthen her muscles so she had better bladder control.

See you Saturday :).

Unknown said...

We're having similar problems with Maren at night and I'm so sick of washing the sheets! She still isn't trained at night or during naps so she wears a Pull-up (I SWORE I would never buy those, LOL). Even if she potties before bed, has no drinks before bed, she is still waking up completely wet because the Pull-up leaks. I'm starting to wonder if I need to wake her up at night to potty too, Yuck!