Sunday, October 12, 2008

LOST!

Yes, I have been lost in the chaos of my life. Exhaustion has taken over me and I have had zero motivation to get things done once I get the kids in bed and unfortunately that is the only opportunity to get things done. SO...nothing gets done. Was that a run on sentence? :)

I feel like I have jipped Soren on documenting his happenings. He now has 3 almost 4 teeth and has truly found his screaming voice just like his sister. Last time in Relief Society I almost had to take Barrett out for laughing for 20 minutes straight. It was the most hilarious thing ever and I know it was distracting for the teacher but everyone thought it was just too cute to stop. I should have taken him out but I was the adoring mom that couldn't help but love the sound of his laugh and hated to make him stop. Today Soren was my screamer in RS. He wasn't mad or upset, it is just how he voices himself. He would pipe in just as the teacher asked a question and everyone would laugh and say, yeah, Soren hit it on the nose! Thankfully they haven't become momma only boys and they let others hold them happily. I have to say that I look forward to Sundays because I have several people who come and confiscate my babies then I can send the kids off to nursery and primary for 2 hours!! One day I just wondered the halls and marveled in the quiet moment.

Both babies are very close to crawling. I would say that Barrett is there but he can't get that far yet. Soren gets caught up on his leg. Really, I haven't been pushing them because I know it will mean more effort on my part to keep up with them. I have to hurry and get the gate on Eli and Tristan's door.

I was worried again about Barrett's teeth. This one stumped the dentist but he said it doesn't look concerning and to just keep an eye on it. As you can see in the picture his very first tooth that came in perfectly normal has gotten closer and closer to the outside and the gums have thinned out and receded down to expose his whole tooth. It doesn't seem to bother him...yet.

Eliana is about to drive me crazy! I just can't stand her noise level. She is always screaming. It makes me wonder if she needs another hearing test...lol. I can tell she is bringing home attitudes she picks up at school. I have dealt with a few tantrums that are too exhausting to talk about. Tristan is adorable and nerve racking all in the same minute. He steals cookies and hides underneath the kid table. Tonight after I tucked him and and was having prayers with Eliana I saw him sneak out of the room and come back looking totally guilty. I kept asking what he did and the reply was "nothing!" After I went into the kitchen I saw his misdeed as I noticed a big chunk of cheese was missing off of the brick I hadn't put away yet. He loves to use those chompers!

Eliana and Tristan got their costumes that Grandma Elaine made this year. Eli is a Renaissance Princess and Tristan is a knight in shinning armor. She really out did herself again. Eli has practically been living in her dress since she got it. Tristan loves his armor and they role play for hours. The babies are going to be Ducks but Grandma is still working on those.

Eliana's birthday party is on the 25th. I can't believe she will be 5! Here is a copy of the invitation. Simple but pretty.

Well, I told myself that I was going to bed soon after I got the kids in bed. I just had to post since it has been so long.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are amazing to do all the things you do! If I start having a pity party for myself, I just think, Hey, Jen can do it with her 4 kids, I can do it with mine. I really admire you!

Lisa Brown said...

The costumes turned out amazing! And I love the invite. lily can't stop talking about coming to Ellie's party :).