Monday, October 13, 2008

Strength

I was watching an episode of the Unit tonight on the computer because my TV didn't record it at the right time. Anyway, at the end of the episode Kim says to her husband "I'm not strong enough. What do you do when you're not strong enough?" reply "You act as if you are." This really hit home with me. When ever I run out of confidence, I put on a brave face and pretend that I can do anything. I think most people live this way. At least people who want to have successful lives...most the people I know. It helps that I am surrounded by friends and family who love and support us. My strength stems from my faith in Heavenly Father and my husband who never lets a day go by without making sure I know he loves me.

SMILE-Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal. So my intention with this post is to exude optimism. Don't let life's trials get you down.

2 comments:

Marrian said...

You are an amazing woman! I have often (in the recent past) thought about how much I hate having to go through a third deployment, but how much harder it must be for you to have to go through a deployment with twice as many kids as me. Thanks for posting that thought.

Marrian said...

Hey Jen,
Do you have Melanie's email? She made her blog private before I responded with my email address and now I have no way to contact her.