
Soren has a handsome, charming look about him. He can give you the eyes and throw that smile at you and he has got you roped in. Maybe this is why he is such a mamma's boy. I give in to his every need and he is VERY demanding. Soren is a happy boy with loads of energy. I have never seen a child jump as much as he does. He is constantly trying to be where the action is. He is very affectionate and gives open mouth kisses. He plays okay by himself but would rather be playing with his siblings. I have recently given him the name Mr Distructo. He likes to demolish anything he can. His favorite things are to play in a pile of clothes or with all the blankets in his crib. He throws them around, smothers his face in them and plays peek-a-bo with himself. He is also the fasted crawler there ever was. This kid can get to the other side of the house in no time flat! He's not very talkative yet but when he has something to say it is normally very loud (just like his sister.) Soren loves to be thrown around. He loves the swing, spinning and hanging upside down. Barrett is the complete opposite. His tummy is so sensitive to gravity he can hardly stand to have me hold him while walking down the stairs. He makes this face with his mouth stretched wide and tense.

Barrett is the sweetest little thing there ever was. His laugh and smile are contagious. When he smiles his whole face lights up and his whole body wiggles. He is happy, happy and content with life. Barrett is also a wolf in sheep's clothing. If you aren't paying attention he will sneak up and BITE you. Seriously. We all have battle wounds from this kid. Whenever he and Soren are standing or playing next to each other Soren tries to hug him and kiss him while Barrett is eating Sorens head. It is good that Soren's head is so hard or he would be one abused little baby. Barrett has very ticklish feet. In fact his whole body is ticklish. Thus, I am always tickling him to hear his laugh. Barrett has always been my little cuddle bear. He will nuzzle in, put his arms around my neck and give me a big bear hug. True to his name. Barrett is becoming a picky eater at an early age. If he doesn't like the texture in his mouth he spits it out. I still have to feed him lots of jar food because I never know if he will eat what I make for him.
There are SO many things I could write about these boys. They are so wonderful. They hardly ever cry and they are such a joy to us and everyone they come across. It is no wonder people at church steal my babies from me. I never have a lack of helpers and that has been a blessing. So, one year down, 18 to go till I can send them on there missions.
On their b-day Barrett started with an ear infection. So he was a little grumpy. I made individual cakes with one candle and as soon as I put it in front of Barrett he touched the flame and burned his little finger. I felt so awful! So Soren leveled his cake and shoved fist fulls into his mouth. By the time Barrett was back in his seat Soren was almost done. Barrett enjoyed the cake especially the frosting. He rubbed his eye with a hand full of cake and got his face covered in sticky frosting. They both loved playing with the balloons. All in all they had a good 1st birthday.

PS I have to mention that these boys love to get on the computer with their daddy. Every time they see him on the web cam they smile and try to attack the computer. They also love checking themselves out on the screen but daddy's new mustache is hard to ignore (hehe) love you babe!!
1 comment:
Happy birthday to the boys! Has it really been a year?? It feels like yesterday I visited you in the hospital. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you with them getting more vocal and mobile - I have a feeling you are in for lots of fun :).
Post a Comment