Friday, January 23, 2009

Dang DOGS and new bus driver!!!

On Monday I got a notice from Eliana's bus driver that the route would be changing a little bit. Her pick up time in the morning is about 10 mins earlier but the afternoon drop off is the same. These changes where to take effect today (fri). I get her off fine but I realize that it is also a new driver. So this afternoon I was getting Barrett, Tristan and his friend Lilly ready to walk to the bus stop. I have Barrett buckled in the stroller and the kids let the dogs out!! I got Diesel in no problem but Bella is a pain in the ____! I still had a few minutes till the bus was to come so I wasn't stressing too bad until I am standing on my front lawn holding Bella by her collar and I hear the bus stop at the end of the long culdesac EARLY. I drag the dog into the neighbors front yard to where the bus driver and Eli could see me and I wave her down. But she wasn't getting off the bus. I keep waving and...nothing. After 4 cars are waiting behind the bus I decide I am going to have to drag this dog by the collar and run down to the bus stop. The new driver chewed me out thinking I expected my daughter to walk herself home and that was against the rules. I had to be at the bus stop. I looked at her a little crazy and said can you not see this dog I am holding by the collar?! You could see me clear as day and you wouldn't just send her to me 4 houses down? REALLY! If it were the normal bus driver there would be no issue. But I was the terrible mother who expects her 5 year old to walk home alone and leaves a 1 year old alone in the garage buckled into a stroller with a 3 and 4 year old running loose.

Anyway, that is my ranting for the day. I am off to bed!!!

No comments: