
We have been talking about how Grandma and Grandpa are leaving in a few days and the kids are getting sad. We stopped by the DEERS office to see if they were busy so my mom could get a new card. As soon as my parents stepped out of the truck Tristan threw the BIGGEST EVER tantrum. "I want to go with them!!" If I was smart I would have called after them to wait but I new they were coming right back because it would be busy. Sure enough they were back as soon as they left but Tristan was screaming his head off. I mean WOW, I have never seen a tantrum like this one before. I had to pick him off the floor of the truck. He wouldn't sit in his seat. Kicking and screaming. I finally got him buckled in and mom had to put her hand over the red button so he couldn't undo himself again. Finally after a while he stopped the screaming but he was still just as upset. He said he wanted g-ma and g-pa to leave right now! He acted out this same way when Daddy was leaving. He doesn't know how to express his feelings about people leaving him.
There was no reasoning with him this time. We were all out of the truck going to the water park and he wouldn't get out. Mom decided to stay with him until he was ready. After he realized I wasn't coming back for him he gave in to moms bribe. She said he must be getting hot in there and offered to get him a nice cold Dr Pepper. (she knows the way to his heart...haha). He was still a pill for most of the day. The water park was disappointing. The sprinkler park was shut down and so was the slide due to a wasp's nest that had recently been destroyed and a life guard had been bit. After several upset people complaining about it not being open they finally opened it right before we were leaving. We went down the slide several times and in the sprinklers for 5 mins. I was also upset because they wouldn't' allow the babies red floaties in the pool. Saying they were unsafe and they had seen several flip over. Well, if you have seen these things you would know that my little 7 month olds were not going to tip these things over. So my life was extra hard at the pool with the babies. My dad was swimming and helping but he kept letting Barrett flop his face in the water so I took over. All in all we have had better days but we still managed to have a few laughs.
The kids didn't want to leave as usual. We tried to go out to Love's Sea food tonight but they are closed on Mondays. So we went out to Fatz cafe in Pooler. It is kind of like a chili's. Great food and all the kids did pretty well. Tristan actually ate 3/4s of his cheeseburger!! Amazing!
1 comment:
Oh, I have so been there with Lily before. It is so hard to know what to do when they lose control like that. How is he doing now that your parents are gone? Hopefully being in preschool will help him fill the void.
Post a Comment