Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can't plead innocent now can you!!!

Our new dog Bella is wonderful and is a great addition to our home. However, she came with some bad habits. She has a passion for chewing up everything and digging in the dirt. She is VERY smart and aware of her misdeeds. As soon as they come to my attention she cowers. So I show her the evidence, put her nose in it and scold her. After the MANY many times I have done this she still persists to misbehave. I am going to have to do some research online to find some good advice. I need to buy her a good chew bone to crave her fixation. I have let her stay out of her kennel a few times at night and just when I think she has finally learned the rules around here she poops or pees in the house while we are sleeping and I inevitably step in it while I am wondering in the dark taking care of babies in the night. So she is restricted to her kennel at night. She used to sneak into the kids room and sleep with Tristan but I had to stop that when she chewed up some stuff in their room.

SO Bella is guilty as charged and needs to shape up. Any dog trainers out there willing to give my advice?

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

Sorry, I know nothing about dogs :). Could you build her a larger kennel in the yard to sleep in? Wish I could help.