Barrett
Eliana
Soren
Tristan
It is times like this morning that crushes my heart. My sweet little boy Tristan woke up and said "good morning mommy. I miss my Daddy!" " I know baby. He is going to call this morning and you can talk to him." "I want to see his body" "Me too, me too. We just have to remember all the fun times we shared with daddy while he was here with us and before you know it he will be back home, holding you in his arms and wrestling with you on the floor. Be brave, keep remembering and loving him." "OK mommy, I will be brave!"
He makes a comment about missing his dad daily. It is difficult for him to understand why dad is away and can't come home to him. It is so sad and unfortunate that Chris has to be away from his family. To miss out on so many milestones and creating memories. However it is a time to teach our children about daddy's job and how important it is that he serves our country with honor. Despite any political views people may have, my husband is a patriot. He loves and serves our nation without complaint and does the best he can. He is our hero and we love him. So we will trek forward in our lives and face the hurtles while he is away.
We miss you Chris, DADDY! We will be strong and brave until you come home. We hope you can feel our hugs all the way across the world.
LOVE, Damato family
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We're proud of him too! And we're really proud of you for taking care of things at home while he's gone. I'm not sure which of you has the tougher job! LOL Hang in there!
Ditto chicka.
I usually never tell strangers "what" I am - even after they've made comments about the amount of children I'm toting around airports and whatnot by myself. (Which you'd think wasn't PC to do anymore anyway what with divorce rates, etc.) Anyhoo...
The kids however, they LOVE telling people their daddy is "at the Army" and he's in "another state called Iraq."
It's funny because getting it from happy children who seem proud of their dad does seem to quell anyone who may have a comment - but maybe that's just my paranoia sneaking in. ☺
Jen-
Thanks for all the sacrifices you are making so Chris can honor our great country and serve us all. I appreciate both of your sacrifices.
Chris is a hero, and so are you! You amaze me every day with all you are able to do to take care of your kids in his absence.
Post a Comment