Monday, August 25, 2008

"Do you know why?"

This is the phrase I hear about 30 times a day from Eliana. She will make a statement about something and then ask the infamous question. "I had a good day at school. Do you know why?" "My favorite color is yellow. Do you know why?" etc. etc...It is great to watch my kids go through these phases of learned and communicating. At times I think "could you please stop saying the same thing over and over again!" Then I have to remind myself that she will only be 4 years old for another 2 months. Then she will be 5 then 6 and then before I know it she will be a teenager. So I have to treasure every moment I get to observe my children growing and hope that I can always contribute in a helpful, loving and positive way.

I love my children. Many times when I am out in public with all 4 of my kids people will make comments like "Oh, I feel sorry for you" or " I wouldn't want to be you." That isn't as common as "whew, you have your hands full." I simply say "It is great being me." I have been blessed with beautiful children who are precious, loving, fun, smart and always entertaining. My babies are always so happy. They rarely cry and I keep waiting for the day they will act out in public or give me a hard time while driving around. They are little angels, sweet as could be. So YES, I love being a mother of 4.

I wonder what Eli or Tristan will start saying next? Whatever it is, I am sure they will make me smile.

No comments: