Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Since we are saving money for our Italy Trip Chris didn't want me to send him any thing that he would have to carry home with him. So I sent him the normal package of magazines, beef jerky and stuff from the kids. I still wanted to do something a little special for him. So the kids and I decided to throw him a party. Eli and Tristan helped mix the cake and swirl in the chocolate. After it cooled I frosted it and they decorated it with sprinkles, M&Ms, colored frosting and candles. We also made a banner and colored it to show him how much we care. I video taped our little party for dad and sent it to him on his b-day along with lots of pictures. Thankfully he loved it! I am extremely grateful for modern technology that allows us to communicate half way across the world with those we love. Chris treated himself to a rootbeer and a small ice cream. He hadn't had either one since he's been in Iraq. Then he got to fly. So a fairly good day for a soldier on his birthday in Iraq.

No comments: