
I really wanted to get to church on time today. We have always shown up a couple minutes after things have gotten started and it is hard to sneak in with two kids and two car seats. This morning I had a plan to get out of the door on time and I failed miserably. Instead of being frustrated with my lateness and fussing at the kids I just accepted it for what it was...late again. To top it off I get down the street and realize I forgot to pack the babies bottles! Ahhh. Then I get to church and realize I have the jogging stroller in the back not the tandem. So I had to herd the kids and carry the babies in to church...late!
The babies decided to be difficult today. I think it is because I have changed their schedule. They were on opposite schedules and the benefit of that is not dealing with two babies at the same time. The drawback is not being able to go anywhere without having to feed a baby while I am out. SO I synced them up and now I am learning it is hard feeding, burping, comforting and putting to sleep at the same time.
Thankfully now that I am bottle feeding I handed Barrett off to Sis Jenkins to feed while I fed Soren. Barrett decided it was a good time to be EXTRA spitty. Just when I thought he couldn't spit any more he slimmed me. My dress was covered from shoulder to knee and he went through two outfits. I had Sisters cleaning up the chairs and floors when his aim missed me. So at 15 mins. till church was out I packed up the babies who were crying and extremely tired and put them in the truck. While the truck was cooling off I picked up Eli and Tristan and headed home.
I came home to find Diesel (dog) had gotten into all the dirty diapers and made a mess all over my newly mopped floors. So, the kids are eating popcorn while I catch my breath at the computer. Babies are still sound asleep in their seats. I hope for a while.
1 comment:
I am so sorry! I have had the completely covered with spit-up at church thing too - and I think I was wearing black like you were too. It's like they can sense it :). I'll see you tomorrow at the sprinkler park.
Post a Comment