Friday, May 30, 2008

Still Surviving


Well, we have survived the first week! Tristan is acting just as I though he would. He is sad and always asking for daddy. He is being more defiant and rebellious. Eliana is acting out in smaller ways, yet more dramatic because she is my drama queen! We were reading a book and she was answering all the questions before Tristan could even open his mouth so I asked her to let Tristan do it and not to say anything. She got So upset and said "That's it" and stormed upstairs to her room. Lately both my kids have been having a difficult time expressing themselves and when they get angry or upset they act out by hitting, yelling or crying. I have been trying to tell them that using their words and communicating with each other is better. But explaining that to a 3 and 4 year old doesn't really sink in. I really have to watch how I behave and what I say to them. I have also been quick to anger and they imitate many of my actions. It isn't easy always keeping my cool under stress. Over all we are working through this transition period. I am hoping to slip into a rhythm with balancing the kids, babies, house and managing life.

The good news is that I am being watched out for and blessed in so many ways. Heavenly Father knows that I need help at times and he has come through with flying colors. Wednesday I packed up the kids to go swimming at our community pool. Thankfully my neighbor Christie and her kids were there. We had a great time swimming and splashing. The chaos started when we got home and I had two screaming babies and kids in the bathtub while trying to figure out dinner. Just then Bro. and Sis. Sparks showed up at my door. They offered there help any time. I said thanks and how kind of them and sent them on there way. After I closed the door I thought to myself..."what am I doing? I could really use the help NOW." I ran outside to catch them and they graciously stayed to help. What great and inspired timing. Then yesterday I went shopping at walmart with the twins while Eli and Tristan played at a friends house. I had two car seats in the cart and managed to stuff $160 worth of groceries in as well. Soren started to fuss so I managed to feed him a bottle and push the heavy cart with one hand. By the time he was done I was about to check out. He spit a fountain of formula all over himself and the seat. Just then Bro. Blackwell came up behind me and offered to help. He helped all the way out to the truck. I am grateful for these moments of service that have been a pleasant surprise. I will have to remember them on the hard days when I am telling myself over and over to keep my cool.

Thank you for being great friends and checking in on me. It is comforting to know that I am thought of and loved. I will try to keep posting but time is limited these days.

2 comments:

Fit2BaMom said...

WOW!!! i love to see your blog. you must be the strongest woman i know!! i miss you a lot and think of you every day. hang in there! i am sooo glad you are blessed with such wonderful friends and neighbors. how long will chris be gone?

Lisa Brown said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord uses other people to bless us :).