
We got home from our Disney vacation and took a long, deep breath and crawled into bed. We had a good time watching the kids enjoy the wonder and awe of the Magic Kingdom. Eliana's favorite ride was Dumbo the flying Elephant. She is getting to be vary brave and eager to try new things. Tristan's favorite ride was the speedway. He is a pretty good driver. Together they enjoyed "It's a small world" It is a boat ride through a world of diversity, singing dolls in all the countries of the world. It was very stimulating to the eye and a laid back boat ride. Our favorite in the MK is Splash mountain! Eliana loved seeing all the singing puppets tell the story of the Briar Rabbit who left the briar patch and was chased by the bad wolf and bear. Then the exhilarating drop down splash mountain left us soaking wet and refreshed.
We spent two days at Disney and the third day at Sea World. I think the highlight for the kids was the monorail. They would have been happy to ride the monorail half the day. So on to explaining my title...we bought a new B.O.B. jogging stroller in Orlando and it made life SO much easier. It moves like it is on air. The babies laid in the seats while the kids sat on the front. So it held all 4 kids easily. We must have been stopped every 20 minutes by people saying "Awe, they must be twins...wow, you have your hands full." I swear it sounded the exact same out of every ones mouth. I don't know how my friends with triplets handle all the public attention they must get because having 4 kids age 4 and under is hard enough! Then I had to handle the stares from strangers as Tristan threw several ALL OUT Tantrums. I mean kicking and screaming on the filthy ground. At one point I think I was the insane mom that was yelling at her child in public. I was at my breaking point with this boy! I had tried being patient and used every method of coercion I could think of to get him to cooperate. So in my haste I grabbed him by the shoulders and used my firm mean voice and told him to knock it off. Poor kid had a bitter sweet vacation. He loved the excitement of being there, the rides he could go on and the bunk bed he slept in. But it was hard on him not being able to go on the rides Eli could because he was just a few inches too short. He was left behind too many times with me and the babies while Eli got to go have fun. We have decided not to go back to Disney until all our kids are 4 and up.
Sea World was a little more laid back. The kids loved the pets ahoy show and enjoyed watching shamu. Tristan especially loved eating at shark encounter where we sat right next to the huge shark tank and watched the fish swim while we ate. The best part of Sea World for the kids was the water park. We practically had to rip them away.
All in all, glad to have the memories together as a family before Chris deploys. I wish I had the time to elaborate more and share all the fun details of our adventure but It is already way past my bedtime and I don't know if what I have typed so far has made any sense. Gotta love what sleep deprivation does to ya.
OK, it is the next morning and I am adding pictures to my post. After looking at the pictures I realized that I left out some things. Eli and Tristan were still afraid of most the Disney characters. After riding the really fun Buzz Lightyear ride where they had guns to shoot the aliens we came running out with excitement to do it again. But wait...Buzz himself was out in front greeting all the little ones. Eli said she wanted to meet him but as the line got shorter and shorter she grew weary. She approached him slowly then after getting 3 feet away she bolted away as fast as she could! SO funny.

After all the kiddie rides Dad and I wanted to go on Space Mountain. Eliana tried to stand on her tippie toes to make the height requirement but she was just too short for that ride. It took a good 10 minutes just for Chris to get into line because Eli was crying so hard. She wouldn't let go of his hand and kept trying to sneak in with him. It was a LONG wait while daddy was on that ride. I got the parent swap pass and we did a different ride before I went back for my turn.

The babies behaved very well. If they were any older it might have been more of a challenge. Whenever I had to feed a baby I would strap them to my front and serve a bottle while walking. They really enjoyed our new stroller. Here are a few pics of mom and babies.
!

As I said before the kids FAV. part of Sea world was the water park. The pics show how much fun they had. Eli was running around in her shirt and panties so I could save her dry pants for when she was done. Tristan laughed so much running around that he did his typical gag and throw up. He came over to tell me so I had the joy of cleaning it up so the other kids wouldn't step in the nastiness. I wonder if this kid will ever grow out of his gag reflex?? You will notice Tristan is RUNNING in most of the pictures. He's a wild one.
3 comments:
It sound like such a fun trip! I love to make memories like that. Your little ones are so cute. I agree that it is challenging for the younger kids to understand the whole hieght requirment. We had a few fits at Legoland ourselves, but I don't think we should make the older ones miss out either. What to do? Parenting can be so hard sometimes.
I was wondering how it all went! Glad to hear that it was fun, but I'm sure you're glad to be back home again. Hope the bottle-feeding/weaning thing is going better. Your hair is cute, by the way! Great length on you. :)
So, I finally had a chance to sit and read your Disney post (I had glanced at the pictures earlier), and I am so glad you had such a fun time.
Post a Comment