Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catching Up

This has been a busy week! The easiest way for me to share life's happenings is to list them. Since I am not the greatest writer.

1. Barrett laughed for the first time this week. He is a very smiley baby and he has a great little cackle to go along with it. I was able to run and grab the video camera so I caught the tail end of it.

2. Weaning is HORRIBLE! I am completely miserable. I have had mastitis and have been living with cabbage leaves on my breasts. (it is supposed to help dry me up) I am hoping life becomes barable before tomorrow when we leave for Disney or I might consider nursing again just to relieve myself and wean more gradually after the trip.

3. Tristan has mastered the art of Temper Tantrums. Thankfully he hasn't pulled one in public...yet. Maybe he is sensing that his daddy is leaving soon so he is acting out but he has regressed back to his defiant stage where he acts like he doesn't hear me and most of the time doesn't seem to care about the consequence. He is just rotten. (But still adorable)

4. Poor Soren had to battle constipation for several days due to the formula he was on. Little guy tried pushing for 3 days then finally relieved himself yesterday. I guess mommy's milk is best.

5. We have been running around the house trying to get everything ready for our trip and for Chris' departure. He has to be all packed by today so they can send over his stuff.

6. I go through the large tin of formula in 3 days! Thankfully I buy walmart brand which is $15 instead of $25 for name brand. Whew, these babies are expensive!

7. Eliana's dance recital is the 16th, the day after we get back. I video recorded the teacher during rehearsal so Eli could practice at home. She just LOVES to dance. I can't stop laughing every time Tristan stand right next to her and joins in. He would make a great ballet dancer but I think he is more built for football! Right DAD?

Well, I guess there wasn't as much going on as it felt like around here. My life just seems to be non-stop. Especially now that I wash bottles 3 times a day. Some days i fell like all I do is hold babies, feed babies, run after Tristan, Tell Eliana to stop screaming. (I swear that child has the loudest voice box I have ever heard!) and let the dogs in and out all day. Nothing seems to get done. I certainly need to learn how to manage my time better.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I am sorry that life is so insane for you right now. I wish there was something I could do. Maybe nursing the babies at Disney would be easier for you? Less stuff to carry and you not being in pain. I am praying for you :).