Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dog dilema...woried...what to do???


Lanie has been on my mind lately. Ever since she got into that dog fight and lost her eye I have been concerned about how she fits into our family now. I am always frustrated that she digs out of the back yard. She has attacked that poor dog Scout twice now. Thankfully the second incident didn't yield any damage. Tristan is always leaving doors open for her to escape out of. We have put massive amounts of money into her vet care over her 9 years of life and today I had to take her to see the Vet because she can't breathe. She has an upper respiratory infection.

My parents are driving out a new dog that my friend Trina is giving us. She is a beautiful yellow lab. I was planning on finding a new home for Lanie but is has proven to be difficult. My parents said they would take her but I don't know if that would work out. I have also thrown around the idea of putting her down but that just makes me sad. She was my first puppy that Chris gave me our first Christmas after we got married. She was the baby for 5 years before we started having kids. I feel guilty because she hardly gets any attention and Tristan taunts her all day. She has gotten pretty good at eluding him. Ahhh...I guess I will have to see how well she recovers from this infection to decide what to do.

No comments: