Thursday, June 12, 2008

Play Dates

Yesterday we played at our friend Jill's house with her kids Evan, Lauren and Rylan. They have a massive blow up slide in their back yard. IT has two slides, a pool and water guns to squirt people as they slide down and play. Eli loved all of it. Tristan only played in the pool. I am waiting for the day he breaks out of his shell and becomes more brave. We stayed for spaghetti then headed home.

Today we played around the house in our jammies and the kids pestered me all morning. They really know how to get under my skin. I was trying to get out of the house after lunch but only succeeded around 2:30. We were off to walmart then picked up Lanie from the Vet. Then we picked up Lauren to come and play at our house. We got home, chowed on pizza and raced outside to play in our kiddie pool and sprinkler. The neighbor Christie and her kids Reed and Stephen joined the fun. Thankfully Christie was willing to help with the babies because when she came over I had two crying babies in my arms that were hungry while I was trying to get the kids swim suits on and setting up the sprinkler. After juggling babies and kids we sat down and watched the kids run wild. Meanwhile Diesel (dog) helped himself to the kids pizza on their little table. That dog...he just drives me crazy! With two milk cups spilling, food all over the floor, wet kids, sleepy babies and kids running a muck, I managed to round everyone up, give baths, put babies to bed and send friends home. Whew! life is fun around here. Now it is almost midnight and my bed is calling. I just know as soon as I fall fast asleep a baby will wake up to feed. :-)

No comments: