Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jen is in her PRIME! Happy 30th to me!

My first instinct is to say "I feel so old" but that is just the side of me that is influenced by a world that thinks we need to look 20 forever. I actually feel great for 30 years old. I am where I want to be at 30. I have a beautiful family, healthy lifestyle and a strong circle of friends that bring me joy and happiness.


My mom sent some money for me to get a babysitter and go out for the day. I rounded up my two friends Kayleen Olsen and Lisa Sparks for a great lunch on River Street and after we went on a Dolphin tour. We had a blast! The lunch was deeeelish! and I loved the wind in my hair as we cruised the river. We were lucky enough to find a number of dolphins playing around. After we watched them swim around the boat a while they had everyone go to the back of the boat so we could put out a massive wake for the dolphins to play in. The trick worked! It was SO much fun watching the dolphins jump and fly through the air so gracefully. They are beautiful creatures. By the way...(i LOVE my new camera). I was able to get some great shots while other people around me only got shots as they were diving back into the water. On our way home we got ice cream to cool us off from the 100 degree weather.


Shortly after I got home I was delivered beautiful flowers from Chris. So unexpected and they warmed my heart that he went to the effort to send me flowers when he has already done so much for me. He is truly great and an awesome hubby too!! thanks babe


The kids were eager to get out of the house and do something fun when I got home. So we packed up and went to the pool. Thankfully there are always friendly people at the pool who are eager to help me with the babies. They LOVE chillin' out in their floaties. This picture is of Eliana trying to drown her brother. She didn't realize she was pulling him down and I kept telling her to stop. She wasn't listening so everyone at the pool heard me yell at Eli as I was jumping in to lift him up. And of course he gagged and threw up. No surprise there. She got a little talking to after that. I am just glad my camera made it safely onto the stroller before I jumped in.

The kids are in bed and all is well. Except for the bottles I have to wash before bed...fun for me.:-) Thanks to all who made my birthday wonderful. A special thanks to Sister Sasser for watching my little ones for me. I am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful friends and family. My life would be complete if Chris were here with me. I keep reminding myself it is but a short span of time in the scheme of things.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! I am still sad I couldn't go with you. Oh, and I still have your b-day card :).