Monday, March 10, 2008

SLEEP...whats that?



Last night was one for the books! These babies like to start their fussing at dusk and it subsides at dawn. I would LOVE it if this trend were the opposite. Last night I finally laid my head on my pillow around midnight but I didn't even get a chance to get it warm. Tristan started coughing and crying. I must have gone up there 4 times in between and during crying babies. Barrett and I both went up there to lay with him the third time. The fourth time I laid in bed with Tristan and he gagged on his cough and threw up all over his bed, wall and floor. So then I had 4 crying kids and I am SO glad Chris was here to help with clean up. He got the sheets while I took care of Tristan then the floors. Eliana was restless after that. Dad and Tristan slept together on the couch and I had both babies taking turns sleeping with me just so I could close my eyes for a short while.

Chris was supposed to be gone all week in WA for training but his flight got cancelled so he rescheduled. I would have dreaded last night if I were doing it alone. I am sure more nights like that will happen.

I have noticed that it is very hard for people to listen to babies cry when it is not their own. I have gotten used to hearing at least one baby cry because I cannot hold both at the same time safely. This is good at church or friends houses because the babies are always held or tended to. AT home, poor guys have to tough it out.

I am off to endure another sleepless night. Wish me luck and pray that I may keep my cool.

No comments: