.jpg)
.jpg)
After 4 long nights of 104-105 fevers I think tonight might be better. Soren is slowly getting better. He had Doctor visits Tues, Wed, Thurs and Friday each time with a different Dr. The Doctor on Friday diagnosed him with a Sinus infection. He refused to believe that the DTaP shot caused any of this. He believes Soren developed a bad virus in conjunction with the shots which escalated his fever. I am not as convinced of this. My children have been continuously sick this whole year with viruses and infections. They have never had a consistent high fever that even Motrin or Tylenol wouldn't bring down.
I read the CDC's web site about the side effects of the DTaP vaccination.
Moderate Problems (Uncommon)
• Seizure (jerking or staring) (about 1 child out of
14,000)
• Non-stop crying, for 3 hours or more (up to about
1 child out of 1,000)
• High fever, over 105oF (about 1 child out of
16,000)
Eliana had a mild cough this past week so she probably brought a bug home from school. Since Soren's throat was red and he has some post nasal drip (PND) it was a good excuse to diagnose him with a sinus infection. His flu and strep tests came back negative. I am not a Doctor so my opinion doesn't count for much. Whether he has some kind of infection or he had an allergic reaction to the DTaP, I am glad he is on an antibiotic and starting to get better. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Barrett doesn't get sick. I think that is also why I am so skeptical about the sinus infection. Barrett is always more sickly that Soren and he is still well. Maybe God knows I couldn't handle both of them being that sick at once. Well, that is enough of my ranting. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
3 comments:
Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your scare! I am one who is skeptical with vaccinations. But I worry about getting the shot and worry about not getting it. Pray is my only answer. I am glad he is getting better!
I am so glad he is feeling better! And I have learned that my gut feelings as a mom are usually a btter diagnosis than the doctor - I think you are right :).
There are many reasons that we have chosen NOT to vaccinate, and what happened to poor Soren is a perfect example of why. You will have a really hard time find a pediatrician who will be supportive of this (especially in the military), but like Lisa says I think mother's intuition is worth a bunch more than an MD after your name anyway. Plus YOU are entitled to the inspiration of the Spirit regarding your children; your Dr. is not! You know your own kids, you have a good idea of what is normal and what is not!
The government actually has a database where you can and should report any "Adverse Events" to a vaccination. Their website is http://vaers.hhs.gov/
I hope sweet Soren will be feeling better soon and that you all can get some rest! Take care--I've been thinking about you!
Post a Comment