Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Survivng Walmart


OK, I have been SO spoiled by my friend Kayleen who almost always offers to watch my kids while I go to walmart. Today I drudged all 4 little ones and myself to walmart for some pre-Disney World shopping. Yes, that's right...we are going to Disney May 12-15. Wahoooo!! The kids needed new shoes and goodies for the trip. I am incredible lucky that the babies are still sleeping most of the time. Eli and Tristan get the famous pep talk while we are walking into walmart...stay close to mom, don't touch anything, no screaming, you can't have everything that you see and don't put things in the cart without asking mom. Just covering the bases. So I am a sight pushing a double stroller and pulling a cart with the kids (helping). I only get as far as the toothpaste before I start threatening Tristan. He runs down an isle, grabs Diego band aids and Diego toothpaste. "Mom, I NEED this!" So up they go into the cart for better damage control. Then came the begging. "Mommy, I will be GOOD. Please let me down, PLEASE!" OK, I gave in. We were looking at sunglasses for the kids and they saw kids watches. They were RELENTLESS! Oh mom! I really want this watch." "No kids, you are getting other goodies today." "But MOOOOM" you know how it goes from there. I didn't want to fight that battle so it was worth giving in so we could make it out of walmart that same day. After yelling at Tristan to stop pushing the cart like it was a race car we were ready to check out. Now, I draw the line when it comes to begging for candy. They know who is the boss and I don't give in every time. I was so proud that I held my own and conquered the begging toddler while keeping my cool. Then we ran into a church friend who offered to push my FULL cart out to the truck for me. What an angel! I managed to get home just in time to feed my crying babies. Whew, I survived another trip to walmart. As the twins get bigger I will only get to go to the stores while Eli and Tristan are in school. How do my friends with Triplets do it!!

No comments: