Monday, April 21, 2008

CRASH!!


OK I knew this time had to come sooner or later. When my whole world seems to cave in on me and I can no longer put on a strong face. Today is that day. Being me just isn't peachie right now. Maybe the lack of sleep is catching up to me or it could be that I have had NO time to myself in who knows how long. OR it could be all the stress I am facing in my life right now. How about a combination of all the above! I can't go into details of why my life is so burdened right now...other than the obvious...hubby deploying to Iraq in a matter of weeks, twins and kids constantly needing me, keeping home and family in order and other rigors of life. I can say that my crying only lasted an hour or so and now is the process of putting back on my smiley face. Thank goodness for a loving husband who offers blessings whenever I am in need. Who picks up the screaming baby when I am at my whits end and puts his loving arms around me and tells me I am the best. After I have moments like today I just have to pick myself up and remind myself of all the great and wonderful blessings in my life. It is the only way I can survive! I am sure everyone on this earth at one point in their lives has asked the question "Why ME?" I quickly reply to myself "Because I am still learning, growing and molding into the individual that I am aspiring to become and without the burdens of 'why me' I could not achieve my fullest potential." So...I am putting back on my smiley face and braving another day of my life, a step at a time.

Thank you to all my friends that light up my life. My biggest thanks goes to my forever guiding light, my Savior Jesus Christ. A close and equal second is my forever companion, Chris. I love you babe!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jen, I thought Chris was nondeployable because of his leg! I'm so bummed to hear that he's leaving, although not half as bummed as you are, I can imagine. :) Sometimes you have to just cry, get it out, and then move on. I hope you know that I admire you so, so much!

Emily said...

Jen, When I read this post... I cried.
I can't even imagine how you must truly be feeling. Know that you Amaze me and always have!
I will put you, Chris and your kids name in the Temple tomorrow. Just think...all those people praying for you!
Jen, you are amazing.

Hagen Family said...

Hang in there! I have been in your shoes! Right after I had Samantha I started babysitting. I have 5...5 children under 2. Just slow your pace. Expect less perfection from yourself and give yourself permission to have quiet time. The more control you give away the more you get.

Let me know if I can help

Leslie

Lisa Brown said...

I think you are amazing! I know all the stuff on your plate right now, and I don't think i could do it with nearly the grace and ability that you do - and I am not just saying that. It is true!