Sunday, November 25, 2007

Reasons I LOVE Thanksgiving

I consider myself a very thankful person but I take the opportunity of Thanksgiving to really ponder what, who and why I am thankful. First and foremost I am thankful for my personal testimony and belief in our Saviour Jesus Christ. I could not live my life with as much happiness and strength if it weren't for the guidance, enlightenment, and inspiration I receive from Him. My hubby and my children bring me more joy than I ever thought imaginable. Even though I want to strangle them half the time, I always look at them in wonder at what amazing gifts they are to our family. I think I am extremely bias when I say that my kids are the cutest and most beautiful I have ever seen. As every mother should say of their own. I can't ever take too many pictures to share and brag about. Eli just turned 4 and she can write her name along with many other letters of the alphabet. Tristan always shows how curious and brilliant he is every time he opens his mouth. He definitely gets his wit from his daddy. I said something to him the other day and he said "Is that a fact!" We cracked up laughing at him. He got mad because he said it in all seriousness. Too funny...that kid. Back to being thankful. I can't begin to type everything out but I try to take the time to remember the little things that might get missed.

I truly believe the Lord is watching out for our little (almost big) family. We had so many concerns when we found out that Chris had cancer in his leg. From his career to my pregnancy to deployments and so forth. However despite all the challenges that we have been faced with there has always been the help and support we have needed. Thanks to family and friends. The number 1 person that has been around to help us most is Jess McConnell. Chris' best friend. He bought a house right behind ours and it has been a blessing having him so close. He has put off all of his projects to help us whenever we have needed it. With both Chris and I unable to do physically challenging work he has stepped up. Literally. Stepped up into our attic to fix a leaking A/C. helped around the house with many tasks and taken care of the kids when we went down for Chris' surgery. We can't begin to credit all he has done but he has been a huge blessing to us. Chris probably wont be deploying anytime soon and when he does it shouldn't be for a whole year. Thank goodness for that! The Army came out with a cash bonus for committing another 3 years just when we didn't know how we were going to afford a new vehicle that would hold our family of 6. Now we have a beautiful Excursion that is completely paid off. I could go on and on. The point is that our blessings are not going unnoticed and we love our family that is always here for us. Thanks!

So after all the mushiness here are some pics of my little creatures!!


1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I loved all the pictures of Chris and the kids. And your kids are pretty gorgeous :).