I feel SOOOO guilty. I have been wondering why my boys have had upset tummies and why their spit up has smelled absolutely horrid. I thought they may have had a reaction to the bull frog sun screen i loaded on them yesterday or that they might be sick. I gave them two baths yesterday because the smell was unbearable! I finally figured it out when I was sucking on the nipple to get the milk to come up from the bottle straw and got a taste of their milk. I wanted to gag right then. The formula was rotten!! I opened the can and took a whiff and almost barfed again. The smell was THAT bad. Why hadn't I figured it out 2 days ago when I opened that can of formula? I thought there reluctance to eating was from the new bottle. Then they just tolerated it all day today without a peep. I can't imagine drinking one tiny sip of what I have been feeding my babies. I use Parents Choice Sensitive from walmart. The use by date is May of 2011. I called walmart to make sure I could take it back and get a new one and to tell them they need to find out if there have been any other complaints about that lot of formula. They need to find all the formula from that lot and check a few cans to see if it is all bad. Anyway...I feel dumb that I didn't figure this out sooner. Even after two feedings of good formula their tummies are still churning. I hope they feel better soon.
Eliana threw a fit this morning when I woke her up for school. As soon as I woke her the first words she uttered were "Umf...I never get to go FIRST!" She must have said it 100 times in 30 minutes. I tried to convince her of all the things she gets to do first but I had no success. I offered to say a quick prayer with her so she will feel happy today an not worry about who is first in life. She folded her arms and listened patiently then said "I don't feel better yet!" I said that it takes a little time for moods to change. I also told her that going first isn't always the best. That doing something for the first time can be scary and it is easier to watch others do things first. AND if she always insisted on going first that she would have a hard time keeping friends because her friends would never have a chance to go first and that would make them sad. IT took about 5 minutes for her to forget about her little rant. THANKFULLY! She was driving me nutty!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, that is so sad! We mothers feel guilty enough - just be happy you caught it and took care of it. Oh, and I love that Chris sent those reading videos home. Kevin made something like that for Lily when he went to Basic, and she loved it, even though she was only 6 months old :).
Post a Comment