Friday, September 12, 2008

Books from Dad

Have I mentioned that our dad is the BEST?! The kids got a package from him filled with books and a DVD of him reading to the kids. What a treat! We all loved seeing dad on the big screen and interacting with the kids. Eliana turned through all the pages as her daddy read to her. Tristan tried to keep up with where daddy was reading but had a harder time. I am going to play him every day to the babies so they will know his voice and his face when he comes home.



The USO has all these donated new/used books and the program is called United Through Reading. Chris picks the books, reads them to us then sends them our way. In turn I send him pictures and video of the kids watching and reading with dad. This is just one more way the kids can stay connected with their daddy.

3 comments:

Marrian said...

All this time I thought your blog was "by invitation only". I'm so glad it's not. I was blog hopping on Sharlene's blog and found your site. I'm so glad. You are a trooper! I can't believe you had twins while your husband is deployed. Wish I could help out :).

Marrian said...

Oh yeah, I did mean to comment about this post. This was something John did for Jakob the last time he was deployed. We watched it every night before bed and Jakob loved it. Unfortunately, we did not go that this time. We do the web cam visits once a week and that has been fun for the kids. But now that we've tried both, I like the book idea the best.

Amy said...

I love it! What a treat for the kids and Chris