Thursday, September 18, 2008

Volunteering in Eli's classroom

Today was my first day as a volunteer mom...ever! I was probably more excited than Eliana was. I was there during Center time, which is like free time to explore the classroom. When I got there Eliana was painting on a big easel. She painted her name on top then painted clouds and flowers. I was very impressed. Eliana introduced me to her friends as they came to see me. They were all so sweet. We read books, played in the kitchen and put stickers on each other. Then I was able to go outside with them while they played on the playground for a bit. I loved being able to watch Eliana interact with other kids and see how she socializes. Mrs. Drescher says Eliana is a little shy but very obedient, sweet and bright. It helps that she is one of the older kids in the classroom so she is at an advantage. I look forward to volunteering as often as I can. I have to thank my best friend Kayleen for always being willing to help out with my little ones. Her kids Zach, Jacob and McKenzie are great friends with my two.

I look forward to many years as a volunteer mom.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun! I can't wait to get the chance to do that in Lily's class.