.jpg)
So, I bought a new desk off of craigslist. I was nervous about the purchase because I had to borrow a trailer and drive an hour away to Statesboro. I thought I was SO prepared and brought blankets and ratchet straps. I guess I should have made sure I knew how to use the ratchet straps before I left the house. I felt like an idiot! I had 3 heavy duty straps and couldn't use them. Thankfully this guy had some thin rope I could use. He wasn't much help at all. Not what you would call a handyman. You should have seen me back the trailer up his long driveway. Lets just say it took me several attempts to get it right. At least I didn't run into anything. It took a whole hour for me to get out of there and back on the road. Over all I think it turned out great! I love our new desk and I got it for $250.
That night a good friend offered to come over and watch the kids so I could escape. It was awesome to be able to go out and know the kids were in good hands. The girls and I had a great time laughin' it up at dinner and then watched the Dark Knight. (AWESOME MOVIE!!) I got home around 10:45 and I wasn't very tired. It is amazing how tired I get from my nightly routine with the kids from 5-bedtime. I could feel a huge difference just by going out one night. I should have just gone to bed but I decided to put this desk together and tackle the computer. I was a little intimidated about taking the whole computer apart and then hoping to get it all back in working order. The next morning I was patting myself on the back until I realized that I didn't have Internet. What did I do wrong. The next day I was on the phone with comcast hoping they would enlighten me of my mishap and sure enough after his first question I knew what I did wrong. I had taken the splitter off and didn't have the modem connected. Simple fix and now everything is up and running.
When a woman is without a man she has to step up and tackle the manly jobs in hopes that she doesn't screw up! Yes that would be me. Thankfully the percentage of screw ups is relatively low:)
Well, I am off to watch Prison Break.
No comments:
Post a Comment