Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today we celebrated Tristan's BIG BOY party. He has successfully been potty trained!! YEAH! I was still a little nervous about BM's but right before dinner tonight he went on the toilet. He was still a little hesitant and nervous but I told him my arm had magic powers and if he held onto it he wouldn't be afraid and it wouldn't hurt. It seemed to help because he later said " I pooped and mommy's magic arm helped me" kids are so funny.

The babies are practicing sitting up. Barrett has a better center of gravity but Soren has more of a desire to be sitting up. I am thinking they will be sitting on their own within a couple weeks. Probably about the same time they really get the hang of rolling over.


The dogs are doing great. Thankfully not shedding as much. Bella is going to be Tristan's best friend. She lets him climb on her, lay on her, wrestle her and more. We are fortunate to have two very well tempered dogs.

We had the missionaries over for dinner and afterwards we sat out on the patio and played with the kids on the trampoline. Tristan got a hold of the hose and wouldn't listen the million times I told him to turn off the water. I told him to take the hose out of the patio into the back yard. He kept spraying through the screen so I went out to take it away and what did he DO??? He soaked his mother! Yes, the war was on...I chased him all over the yard and took the hose and soaked his little behind. Eliana wanted to get in on the action. We were putting on a fun little show for the missionaries and the grandparents. Ahhh, fun in the summer.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Jen,
Hey there! I bet it is great to have your parents visiting! Happy Birthday to Tristan! Your twins are getting bigger and I can't believe it, but more cute as well! My pregnancy is going well. I can't believe I have to go the whole summer...into october..AAAHHH!
I hope Chris is doing well.
I think of you and your darling family often!
Loves!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

You sound great... like things are starting to click a little. Hopefully that all holds (for a time at least).
You are in my prayers.

Lisa Brown said...

Yea for you and Tristan! I am really hoping I will have the energy in August to finally potty train Derek. he goes about once a day on the potty, but I am so unmotivated right now.