Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

My parents came into town on July 3rd to stay for the whole month. I had an extremely long list of projects that I wanted to do while they are here. So not only have my poor parents been slaving around the house my mom has gotten a good dose of being full time grandma to these babies. She will hardly let me hold my own babies!! Not really, she is just helping to the fullest. My dad has helped with all the yard work and landscaping. Which is not easy on a half acre lot. We ripped out two trees and took a full load to the dump in the poring rain.


Reasons why I have been too tired to post:
-painted Eli and Tristan's room
-moved ALL toys upstairs to the new playroom
-cleaned out office, kids room and babies room to have carpets cleaned
-moved kids beds downstairs
-pressure washed patio, play set and play house then reassembled upstairs in the new playroom
-spent 3-4 hours organizing toys and getting the playroom just right

Tomorrow is a play day. I think i will take Eliana and Tristan to the movies. Tomorrow night we are expecting some good friends to come visit for the weekend. Lana Taylor, hubby Tommy and two girls, Jocelynne and Kaylie are our friends from Arizona. Jocelynne is Eli's very first best friend. Eliana is SO excited. Oh and did I mention that Eli is beside herself with EXCITEMENT!

Well, my list for the morning is to find out why our water bill tripled this month, call the IRS to clarify a tax amendment, make some (other)important phone calls and balance the checkbook. I guess the fun can't begin until the dirty work is done.

My next post (hopefully tomorrow) will have all kinds of fun news about the babies and how fast they are growing. Oh...and pics of our new dog Bella.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great playroom! How nice it will be to keep all the mess contained in one room and just be able to shut the door--I'm envious! LOL

I'm so glad your folks are there with you for a while. What a blessing!

Lisa Brown said...

I think that was a great idea to switch their rooms with the playroom. It looks great. And yes, you have been VERY hard at work!! Hope you had fun at the movie - sorry we couldn't tag along.