Today flowed smoothly until evening came. This morning I was a little sad because I had to take Lanie to the vet to be groomed and her new owner was going to pick her up. So I gathered her things and the kids and headed out the door. After sending Lanie on her way I dropped Eliana off at her friend Laurens house. They were headed to the HUGE water park at HAAF (Hunter Army Airfield). Tristan the babies and I hung out today playing on the trampoline and running around with toys. Our neighbor Christy invited Tristan to go to our local pool here in Buckhead. So I showered and got things ready for tonight. I was invited to a Pampered Chef party and my friend Kayleen offered to watch Eli and Tristan for me. Without all the silly details I was back and forth between picking up pizza, kayleens house, picking up Eliana, back to Kayleens house. Feeding babies then finally on my way to the party...30 minutes late! I get to Kayleens house around 8:30 to pick up the kids and she has a story to tell me!
Tristan was in underwear instead of his pull-up. He and Zachery were jumping on the trampoline and Tristan pooped! It ran down his leg and into his sandal. He must have thought it felt good because he proceeded to jump and squish poop all over the trampoline. You know...all the little crevasses! My heart sank as she told me about bathing them and cleaning up. I was pleased with how she handled Tristan. I hope he felt really bad. She said he kept apologizing over and over. What am I going to do with this boy! As usual it was a battle getting the kids to leave their friends house. Finally at 9:30 and on our way home when my truck starts to act funny. As I let off the break to turn into our neighborhood my computer chip starts to go on the fritz. The engine light came on and the truck was coasting. I managed to get into the neighborhood and pulled off into the grass on the side of the road.
The tears started to surface as I listen to two crying, hungry babies, grumpy kids saying "mommy why are we stopped?" and wondering if I was going to have to walk home. I try calling Robyn and went straight to voice mail. I called Bro. Sparks and got a machine. Called Muthu Alletto and she was coming to my rescue. Just as soon as I get Soren out and hold him I realize that I am being watched over! Bro. Sparks drives by and stops. 30 seconds later the Christensen's (my home and V.T) drive by and stop. What are they doing out at 9:30 at night! Then Muthu and her hubby (bishop) show up. I then had 4 cars to my rescue all at once. How amazing! I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is very aware of me and my little family. He has provided so many mini miracles and this was one of them. Muthu, bless her heart, stayed to help feed babies and get kids to bed. Then she helped me clean my kitchen and wash bottles. I can't express how grateful I am for wonderful friends who are always there to help.
It is almost midnight and I just got done paying the bills and posting this blog. I think it is time for me to crash and hope tomorrow brings better fortune.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it amazing how the Lord really watches over us. Sorry about the crazy day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better :).
You amaze me. Really. And humble me too.
I sent an email to what I think is your email address. If it isn't anymore can you please email me? Mine is sharlene.anderson(at)gmail.com
I need a favor - but actually it'll make you a good friend!
Post a Comment