Thursday, December 27, 2007

workin' hard or hardly workin'


We have been trying to get our house in order since we moved in and it has been one project after another. We are also getting ready for these babies to come. We decided to put wood floors in and get rid of the carpet and laminate tile. Chris started ripping up the tile tonight and the kids were there cheering him on. Tristan even put on his tool belt on for the occasion. Chris gave them a little lecture because they were hammering in the glue he had just scrapped up. We also decided to paint the babies room fun bold colors. We are using the Ten. Titans blue, red and grey. Not that we are fans...we just like the colors. The kids were BEGGING to grab a paint brush and help so I brought in the time out chair and said "have at it!" I was busy washing up the car seat covers and putting them all back together. Eliana insisted that her baby doll get buckled in. Tristan wanted to carry it around and Eli wanted to cover it with a huge blanket. I told them soon enough there will be two new babies and they can each give plenty of love and attention without having to fight about it.
At the end of each day I can see where I am falling behind on my normal chores and kick myself for not having the energy or ability to stand long enough to get things done. I can hardly reach the sink because this dang belly is in my way! I spent an hour cleaning the kitchen and it wiped me out for half the day. I can't wait to get my body back so I can keep up with the normality's of life. Of course nothing will be normal after having twins. Ahh...the anticipation is driving me crazy. I will be 35 weeks next Wednesday and after that if I go into labor they will arrange the c-section. I am hoping to have them around 37 weeks. That means just 3 more weeks to go!! SO, we have a lot to get done in 3 weeks. I better get to workin' hard instead of hardly workin'.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Jen,
Your guys are workin' fools. How great is that...we love hard wood and don't understand why we didn't have it in our previous home? The water at the beach was cold, but that was part of the fun for us. Kind of cold, but too much fun to care.
I love the colors that you are painting the kids rooms. I love bright painted walls!
Hope all is well!
Loves!