Saturday, April 18, 2009

Barrett's first words

I keep forgetting to post about important things and I don't want this to be forgotten. Barrett's first word is DADDY! He says it like (daa-tee)It is soo cute. His other word he loves to say is Ah-Oh. He learned that fast. He loves to drop things from his high chair and I used to say Ah-Oh and pick it up. Now he does it for fun and smiles big while saying AH-OH over and over. He practically throws food at the dogs and laughs hysterically watching them scurry to find the feast.

Barrett is an adorable little guy. He is great at independent play but on the other hand he doesn't want anyone but mom. He is very curious and likes to discover new things. He absolutely loves to play with the dogs. Poor Bella just lays there while he pulls open her mouth and cracks up laughing while she licks his hands and snuffs at him. Barrett has the biggest smile I've ever seen! His whole face lights up, he crinkles his nose and his eyes close shut. I can't help but laugh every time I see him smile. It is fun watching him finally start to walk from his never ending knee walking. He is so wobbly and unsure but he is quickly gaining confidence. I still love that the babies love to play and wrestle with each other after bath time. I always put them both in Barrett's crib naked before I get them dressed and they love to romp around. Tonight I got Soren out first and I put him in his crib and he started throwing a big fit. I realized he wanted to be in the other crib. As soon as I put him in Barrett's crib he laughed and waited. Barrett joined him and they were at it once again. Thankfully Barrett has cut back on the biting!

I love little Barrett!! He is very precious to me.



3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

It was so fun watching he and his brother toddle around at church today :). I can't believe the time has gone by so fast!!

Unknown said...

Those boys are getting so big, We sure are going to miss seeing them and watching Kierra interact with them. They would be so cute in Nursery together! Kierra just learned Uh-Oh on Sunday. They learn so fast don't they?

Tamra said...

Wow, your boys are getting so big. Time really does fly when they are little. Enjoy them!