Whew...Just 5 days after my last post of my big belly my body decided that it couldn't hold these babies any longer and I went into active labor. At first I thought it was just a lot of braxton hicks so i drove myself to the hospital to be checked out while Chris stayed with the kids. Sure enough I was in labor and had my baby boys that night at 8:30 and 8:31pm January 3rd. They looked great! healthy boys weighing in at 5.4 lbs and 5.1 lbs. They took them to the well baby nursery while I was in recovery. Sadly they couldn't keep up the strength to maintain their temps so they were sent off to the NICU. To say it all in fewer words, Barrett has a mild case of apnea where his heart slows way down. But thankfully he recovers well on his own. He did have one instance where he had to be stimulated to recover so we are coming home with a monitor for him. Soren is definitely the stronger one (as of now.) He hasn't struggled as much with keeping his body temp up. Both babies were moved to the Special baby unit 3 days after birth. I was discharged Sunday night but they let me room in since they had extra rooms available. But that only lasted 2 nights. So we have been driving to the hospital twice a day to love on the babies and drop off the breast milk. Today is Sunday and we are hoping to bring them home today. I will keep you posted. LOVES to all who have sent messages of support. We are grateful to have such wonderful friends and family.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
They are here!
Whew...Just 5 days after my last post of my big belly my body decided that it couldn't hold these babies any longer and I went into active labor. At first I thought it was just a lot of braxton hicks so i drove myself to the hospital to be checked out while Chris stayed with the kids. Sure enough I was in labor and had my baby boys that night at 8:30 and 8:31pm January 3rd. They looked great! healthy boys weighing in at 5.4 lbs and 5.1 lbs. They took them to the well baby nursery while I was in recovery. Sadly they couldn't keep up the strength to maintain their temps so they were sent off to the NICU. To say it all in fewer words, Barrett has a mild case of apnea where his heart slows way down. But thankfully he recovers well on his own. He did have one instance where he had to be stimulated to recover so we are coming home with a monitor for him. Soren is definitely the stronger one (as of now.) He hasn't struggled as much with keeping his body temp up. Both babies were moved to the Special baby unit 3 days after birth. I was discharged Sunday night but they let me room in since they had extra rooms available. But that only lasted 2 nights. So we have been driving to the hospital twice a day to love on the babies and drop off the breast milk. Today is Sunday and we are hoping to bring them home today. I will keep you posted. LOVES to all who have sent messages of support. We are grateful to have such wonderful friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They are beautiful! I sure hope you finally got to bring them home. Let me know anything you need!!
Congrats!
Your children look very healthy and handsome. Missing Tristan in Nursery. Hope to see him when you can get everyone soon.
visit my blog
hagen-family.bogspot.com
Leslie Hagen
Post a Comment