Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sweet Eliana is 6 years old!!!

I just can't believe how fast Eliana is growing up. Not only is she getting older, she is beautiful, smart, sensitive, eager to learn, wants to be at school on holidays:), a good example, competitive, determined, thoughtful and can sometimes read peoples minds...then gives her little mad scientist laugh!! Eliana is truly a wonderful little girl and I am so glad she is part of our family.

Eliana loves to read books. She can read most beginner books on her own and I have started reading Chapter books to her. She is enjoying the Junie B Jones Series right now. She really has a drive to please people. She is still very shy in many ways. I have been working with her on speaking to adults when she is spoken to and she gets nervous being the center of attention. Eli is a typical big sister. There are days when she and Tristan are playing wonderfully together. Sharing, taking turns, imagination play and just plain goofing around come easy for them. However, most days they are bickering, competitive and always wanting to out do the other. Eliana shows her strength by picking up the boys and carrying them around until they scream at her to stop. She got a scooter from Grandma and Grandpa Eastman and she was able to ride it all the way around our neighborhood without giving up. Maybe this spring she will be ready to take the training wheels off her bike! Grandma Elaine bought Eli some adorable clothes for school and she put a lot of effort into the fabulous Halloween costume she made for her this year.

Eliana's b-day party was a success!! The kids loved the tea party, the dancing games and we all loved the Tea Pot Cake I made this year. My good friend Lizzy helped me by teaching me some cool cake decorating techniques. I have to say, I was very impressed with how fun and beautiful it turned out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, that cake is GORGEOUS!! You outdid yourself!!

Lisa Brown said...

It is hard to believe she was only 2 when i met you. Where does the time go???? And I LOVE that cake!! You are amazing! I am so bummed we never got to take the Michaels cake decorating class together.

PS. I am almost finished making those CD's for you, now I just have to mail them :).