Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Truth...please.

Today there have been lessons of truth.

-Eliana did something to make Soren cry. When I asked her she looked at me in the eyes and said Tristan did it. Well, Tristan happened to be on the other end of the house. After her time spent in her room we had a little talk about telling the truth. I taught her that telling the truth, even if it gets her in trouble is always better than telling a lie. And that the punishment is always going to be worse for telling a lie. The rest of the night Eliana was very forthcoming about every little detail of the night. Who did what..when, where and how it happened. It was a little over kill but I am glad she got the point.

-Tristan brought me the pack of string cheese and was counting how many where in it. I opened one for him and told him to put the rest back in the fridge. When he came back I asked if he did it and he said yes mom. Tonight I open the silverware drawer to find a whole pack of string cheese.

-The truth is the military can never keep anything on schedule. I was hoping Chris would have come home this past Tuesday. Then it was firm for Saturday afternoon. Then it was delayed till Sunday in the middle of the night. Now it is still a mystery. I am truly hoping I can pick him up before Monday morning arrives.

-The truth is I am dreading getting off my bum to clean the kitchen and mop the floors.

-The truth is I am completely burnt out on my children being in a constant state of sickness. This is the third Sunday in a row that I will miss church.

-The truth of it is...I can still manage to be totally happy because I love my husband. I adore my children. I am happy with who I am. I have faith in my beliefs and peace in my heart.

No comments: