Tristan has been such a pill lately. I mean seriously! This child has gone above and beyond to be disobedient right in front of me and does it just to get under my skin. He does anything from peeing all over the place, pouring juice in his shoes, throwing anything and everything that he holds in his hands, hitting his sister, poking Diesel with a pencil and I swear he opens the refrigerator a hundred times a day. These are just a few of his misdeeds. I found that me yelling and getting SO angry wasn't helping the situation and was only getting me uptight and making our home an unhappy place. So I am trying to cool my temper and take things in stride. My more mellow attitude seems to be helping slightly. I am truly hoping this phase passes QUICKLY. I am open for any advice or encouragement.
Lanie got into a fight with the neighbor dog yesterday. It was pretty bad...by the time I finally caught hold of her leg to pull her away she was in bad shape. I freaked out just a little bit when I saw that her Eye had popped out of its socket, blood everywhere. I quickly rushed her to the vet and left all 4 kids with my neighbor. Today they are doing surgery to remove the eye and sew it closed. I could have had them push it back in and repair it but she would have been blind in that eye and could have had future complications. AT least she can be a pirate next Halloween! It was a hard decision whether to do the surgery or just put her down. The only reason that thought comes to my mind is because of Lanies growing aggression. Tristan is pretty ruff on her and she has lashed out at him a few times. Plus she got into this terrible fight and with one eye is she going to be more aggressive. but we decided she is only 9 yrs and still in good health. So we will give her the benefit of the doubt and see how she does with things. Diesel would have missed her terribly if we had her put down. So I bring her home late today. I hope she is in good spirits. I have already talked to the kids (Tristan especially) about how we need to treat Lanie. I will keep you posted.
I promise more pics as soon as we buy a new charger for my camera. I have lost it and the battery is dead. Grandma's have been pretty upset at the lack of photos coming there way.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sad about Lanie! It is so crazy!! And when Lily went through a really bad stage when she was almost 3, that was when we changed the lock on her bedroom to lock on the outside. That way I would put her in her room and both of us were able to cool off a little.
Post a Comment