Saturday, February 04, 2006

Puppies!! ;-)



Yes, Lanie had her puppies Thursday night at 2:30am. She managed to jump into my bed while I was sleeping and I awoke to a licking noise in my ear and turned around to see that Lanie had delivered a puppy IN MY BED!!! and she was licking it profusely. I jumped out of bed and paniced. Chris was in Atlanta so I immediately called him on the phone. The little puppy wasn't moving or breathing. I tried everything I could think of to get him going to no success. I was devastated. I went upstairs to get Jess to help me as I had to deal with lanie having pups and Tristan being awake. About an hour later she had the next pup. He came out feet first. I was a little worried about him because he was weak and not moving very much. Thankfully he pulled through and we have one healthy male puppy. Lanie took to mothering very well. Except she wont stop licking him to death. His poor little underbelly is raw. He was a whopping 4oz. And you know what?!? I didn't even think about measuring how long he was...oh well. I think he will be smaller than lanie, more like his dad Sparticus.

No comments: